You may have started to have difficulty reading up close or seeing objects in the distance. Or perhaps a teacher has noticed your child squinting when trying to see the whiteboard.
Whatever the situation, you or your family member might need eyeglasses. Start by reading some answers to the most common questions our patients from New Sights Eyecare in Houston, TX, ask about eyeglasses
How Do I Know If I Need Eyeglasses?
It is not always apparent to know when you need to wear eyeglasses since vision can change suddenly or over a period a time, which is why you need to keep up with your annual eye exams with an optometrist. An eye exam can help an eye doctor discover any changes in vision that may need to be corrected with glasses.
That said, if you notice any of the following signs, schedule an appointment with us today. Eyeglasses may be prescribed to help.
- You feel the need to squint or tilt your head to the side to see well
- Reading, driving, and watching TV has become difficult
- You are experiencing eye strain, headaches, blurry vision, or double vision lately
- You notice halos around light sources
What Can Eyeglasses Treat?
Eyeglasses primary treat these four conditions:
- Myopia: Also known as nearsightedness, this condition means you see up-close items fine, but more distant objects are a challenge. Myopia can make driving difficult and potentially dangerous.
- Hyperopia: Farsightedness is just the opposite of nearsightedness. Items at a distance are blurry while objects close up are clear.
- Astigmatism: This disorder is very common, and it is the result of an abnormal curve of the cornea.
- Presbyopia: As we age, our eye’s lenses can progressively lose their flexibility, causing blurred vision.
How Often Do I Need to Change My Glasses?
Ideally, you should get a new pair of eyeglasses when an eye doctor says that your prescription changed. Not updating your prescription can lead to more eye strain, pain, and possibly eye damage.
What Are the Advantages of Eyeglasses?
- All walks of life can wear them.
- Eyeglasses are reliable and can correct your vision.
- In the long run, they are cheaper than using contact lenses or having surgery.
- You don’t touch your eye with them, which reduces the risk of developing an eye infection.
- They are available in many places, such as in retail and online stores.
- They can adapt to your vision changes easily.
Personalized, Attentive, and Professional Care from Our Optometrist
From start to finish, our eye doctor in Houston, TX, delivers personalized, attentive, and professional eye care to every patient. If you have questions about eyeglasses, contact New Sights Eyecare for answers. To schedule an appointment, call us at (281)-469-3400. We’re here to meet all of your vision needs.